Monday, February 8, 2010

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

Alright, I did it - 4200m. I can't believe it, well - actually I can but it seemed like I almost wouldn't on the night.

4900m was what was written for the session. An unrealsitic goal for now but I know I will get there. The week before I had completed 4000m and my goal is everytime I hit the water 200m more is what I expect and nothing less. After all it is only 4 laps more. I can use this as my cool down. So that is what I did.

I think it was about 2/5 of the way into the session I was faced with 6x300m, probably the toughest sets yet. Not only because I just don't like them, so in my head I kind of already switch off but also because the day before I had attended bootcamp and my arms were extremely fatigued. So I did 3 without flippers and 3 with flippers. Should these be part of my session this week I shall try 4 without flippers and forge forward towards my goal.

With 700m to go and 16 minutes left in the session - would I get there. YEP - 4x100m F/S kick with flippers in 10 minutes and 300m in 6 minutes. Boy, talk about determined and stubborn.
I even have my coach now pushing me to go that extra 200m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you have stopped by. You have made my day.

Your hard work will be rewarded.

"The path to a dream is paved with sacrifices and lined with determination. And though it has many stumbling blocks along the way, and may go in more than one direction, it is travelled by belief and courage and conquered with a willingness to face challenges and take chances" Barbara Cage